As we move toward 2017, most of the laggard countries will move up the curve as Net access becomes more pervasive. The speed at which a particular country moves up the curve will depend on a number of factors, such as:
* The affordability of Internet services or Internet access devices.
* The education/skills of the users.
* The interest/motivation of the users.
* Internet connectivity (i.e., fixed broadband and mobile).
* The country’s infrastructure (i.e., telephone lines and international bandwidth).
* The government’s vision of the country’s digital future and related policies.
Ericsson released its second Traffic and Market Report - On the Pulse of the Networked Society
Ericsson predicts - by 2017, 85 percent of the world's population will have 3G coverage and 50 percent of the world's population will be covered by 4G in 2017.
* Smartphone subscriptions are expected to reach 3 billion in 2017
* Mobile subscriptions reached 6.2 billion in Q1 2012 and 170 million new mobile subscriptions were added during the quarter
* Global data traffic to grow 15 times by the end of 2017
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on ycombinator or StumbleUpon. Thanks